Keeping your household healthy!
Have you noticed that your super-organized Dad suddenly has piles of papers all around the house? Do you find rotting food in the fridge every time you visit Mom? Have your parents started confining themselves to certain rooms because they can’t keep up with housekeeping? Are you terrified of Dad getting up on the ladder to change lightbulbs, or getting heatstroke in his garden?
90%+ of older adults state they prefer to remain in their own homes as they age. But, household upkeep often derails those plans. Sometimes we forget all the tasks it takes to maintain a home, especially a relatively tidy one.
Having a little help can go a long way to keeping the home neat and well-maintained. A clean home doesn’t just look nice and make you feel better...a clean home is also a healthy home:
- Falls are the #1 cause of injury (including fatal injury) in elders. Clutter causes many falls, as can wet or dirty floors. Attempts to do chores that involve reaching, ladders or physical strain cause many accidents in the home.
- Proper sanitation removes germs and prevents infections.
- A clean kitchen rid of expired food prevents food-borne illnesses.
- Appliances like ovens, toasters, and hair dryers can be fire hazards if not cleaned.
EasyLiving has the solution! Our caregivers can help with housekeeping services such as:
- Laundry and ironing
- Organizing and keeping things tidy; removing clutter and fall hazards
- Dusting, vacuuming, sweeping
- Changing bed linens and making the bed
- Receiving packages, waiting for household services
- Kitchen cleaning including organizing the pantry, fridge and freezer; removing expired items and stocking new items
- Running errands and getting needed items for the home
- Minor outside maintenance/gardening assistance
- Upkeep on in-home tasks (changing light bulbs, batteries, etc.); oversight (noticing home maintenance issues, being present for workers to complete tasks)
As with all the care we provide, EasyLiving caregivers do things just the way you like. Our personal care plan ensures that if you like the bed made up right after waking or want your laundry done a certain way, we take care of it for you!
Enjoy Your Home Again!
Contact EasyLiving for housekeeping support.