If you move to Florida from another state, you can transfer your Certified Nursing Assistant License to Florida so you can work here as a C.N.A. If you have additional questions or need help with coming to work for EasyLiving, fill out our home health employment application or contact us.
Requirements for CNA Reciprocity: How to Transfer Your Certified Nursing Assistant License to Florida from Other States
For Certification by Reciprocity, the requirements are as follows (found in Section 464.203 of the Florida Statutes). You must:
- currently be certified in another state AND
- listed on that state’s certified nursing assistant registry AND
- not been found to have committed abuse, neglect, or exploitation in that state
There are specific rules regarding those who have convictions, criminal history or have been involved in healthcare fraud seeking to transfer their certified nursing assistant license. Applicants transferring their CNA license must submit electronic fingerprints. You can read more details about transferring your certified nursing assistant license and reciprocity rules on the Florida Board of Nursing site.
How to Transfer Your Certified Nursing Assistant License to Florida: Process Guidelines
You can apply to the Florida Board of Nursing for reciprocity of your C.N.A. license with another state, without being required to take the Florida Certified Nursing Assistant exam. The process for how to transfer your Certified Nursing Assistant license is as follows:
- Submit completed application to the Florida Board of Nursing.
- Complete the electronic fingerprinting process.
- The Florida Board of Nursing will determine your eligibility based on results of background screening.
- Once all materials are submitted, an application specialist will review them. You may be asked for additional information.
- The Board of Nursing will attempt to verify your license in the jurisdiction in which it is held.
- If the Board Office is unable to verify the license, they will send you a license verification form to be completed by the jurisdiction where you hold your current license.
- If you meets all requirements, you will be placed on the Florida Registry.
Certified Nursing Assistants: Florida Statutes and Rules
Florida Chapter 464, Part 3 covers Certified Nursing Assistants. Related statutes include Chapter 456 (Health Professions and Occupations: General Provisions), Chapter 435 (Employment Screening) and Section 408.809 (Background Screening–prohibited offences) as well as Chapter 64B9-15 of the Administrative Rules.
Fees for Transferring Your CNA License to Florida from Another State
Applicants are responsible for the fees incurred for electronic fingerprinting, which varies from provider to provider. Check out our recommended partner. EZFingerprints, LLC for efficient, cost-effective electronic fingerprinting for the state of Florida.
Now that you know how to transfer your Certified Nursing Assistant license to Florida, EasyLiving is awaiting your application. We offer wonderful C.N.A. opportunities for home health careers throughout Pinellas and Pasco counties. Join us!